Junior Customer Support Engineer
Our Junior Customer Support Engineer has a hands-on position, whose primary responsibility duties include being the first point of contact for external customers and sales contractor support requests as it relates to the following primary technologies: email platforms, email clients, web-hosting platforms, DNS hosting, web-browsers, and other technologies related to the end-user operations of the previously mentioned items. Additionally, this position would be asked to assist with internal corporate staff support when necessary!
Note: this role can be operated remotely!
What we look for in our employees:
Inclusive: We believe that different perspectives and experiences are an asset to innovation. A fresh set of eyes and an open mind are vital keys to driving better business decisions. We take extraordinary measures to ensure all people and ideas are welcomed onto the team.
Curiosity: We ask “What If...?” and constantly push the boundaries of what’s possible. We pursue continuous improvement and encourage an unrivaled sense of vision and execution. We ask questions and continue to seek opportunities to learn, discover, and innovate. We don’t fear the unknown.
"WeGetThingsDone" attitude: We’re focused on being the very best at what we do.We accomplish this by working collaboratively until the job is done. Our team can overcome challenges, find solutions, and deliver excellence. We don’t just meet expectations, we exceed them.
Here's what you can expect in the day to days:
- Perform email DNS record migrations from existing platforms to new platforms.
- Perform web-site DNS record migrations from existing platforms to new platforms.
- Serve as the first point of contact (Tier 1 Support) for external customers engaged in projects with Thomas.
- Serve as support contact for external sales contractors experiencing issues with email clients and the Google Workspace (G Suite) platform provided to them.
- Resolve common network issues related to email server and web-hosting migrations.
- Assist with website launches.
- Manage own support tickets in the ticketing system.
- Coordinate and/or escalate tickets with an external vendor in the ticketing system, as necessary.
- Provide necessary reporting on support activities to management.
- Suggest and create end-user as well as internal documentation and knowledge base articles on processes and procedures.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all corporate staff, as well as any external customers one may encounter.
Here's what you bring to our team:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in supporting externally facing customers.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills, positive attitude, excellent verbal and written communication skills including a strong attention to detail.
- Between 2-5 years of experience in performing email system setup, and support.
- Between 2-5 years of experience in performing email system migrations, web-hosting migrations, DNS record migrations.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts and troubleshooting methods including: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS.
- Strong knowledge and experience with email platforms such as: Google Workspace (G Suite), Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, other email hosting services.
- Strong knowledge of best practices for tasks such as mitigating and avoiding downtime during website launches.
- Experience with support ticketing systems.
- Troubleshooting and resolving common end-user issues related to DNS record changes.
- The ability to adapt quickly to changing environments.
- While the company operates M-F 9-5 in the US eastern time zone, a successful candidate can be based in any of the US time zones.
- The ability to temporarily shift working hours, including nights and weekends, based on the needs of any particular project.
Thomas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Industrious believes that diversity is critical to our success in delivering great workplace experiences and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity of our people. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Help us maintain the quality of our job postings.
Is this job a junior position?Let Us Know