Thomas Insights is the content branch of Thomas. Through our content platform and our daily newsletter sent to 300,000+ subscribers, we cover daily news and analysis for industrial professionals. Our mission is to provide readers with unique perspectives on the diverse areas of industry and share the information they need to successfully run their businesses and advance their careers.
We’re looking for an eager, organized editor with experience reviewing, writing, and interviewing in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment. The right candidate will enjoy working independently to develop original, engaging content and organize production tasks, but should also appreciate a team atmosphere in which to collaborate, learn, and further develop their content skills.
What we look for in our employees:
Inclusive: We believe that different perspectives and experiences are an asset to innovation. A fresh set of eyes and an open mind are vital keys to driving better business decisions. We take extraordinary measures to ensure all people and ideas are welcomed onto the team.
Curiosity: We ask “What If...?” and constantly push the boundaries of what’s possible. We pursue continuous improvement and encourage an unrivaled sense of vision and execution. We ask questions and continue to seek opportunities to learn, discover, and innovate. We don’t fear the unknown.
"WeGetThingsDone" attitude: We’re focused on being the very best at what we do.We accomplish this by working collaboratively until the job is done. Our team can overcome challenges, find solutions, and deliver excellence. We don’t just meet expectations, we exceed them.
Here's how your role as our Junior Editor is broken down:
Copy Editing (40% of role)
Review articles for publication on Thomas Insights and in the Thomas Industry Update (TIU), our daily newsletter distributed to 300,000 subscribers. This includes copy editing, proofreading, and fact-checking all content, in addition to ensuring all content meets our quality standards.
Content Development and Production (35% of role)
Develop original content following the Thomas Insights Style Guide. This includes ideation, research, writing, and interviewing sources. The Junior Editor will utilize our custom CMS to set up articles for publication, maintain a rolling editorial calendar of upcoming articles, identify new story topics for future production, select stories for daily publication, and analyze published content performance to determine what worked and what didn’t for future content development.
Client Account Management (25% of role)
Manage multiple client accounts (assigned on a monthly basis) simultaneously to deliver strong content marketing to our diverse industrial clients. The Junior Editor will develop content, optimize client-provided content, strategically plan publication schedules, provide marketing recommendations, and communicate with both clients and Certified Thomas Partners (our external sales team members) on a regular basis.
Here's what you bring to our team:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications, or English.
- 2+ years of writing experience preferred, ideally with at least 1 year spent working in a fast-paced content production environment working on both long-form, in-depth feature research stories and short-form, deadline-driven stories.
- Experience interviewing sources for content pieces or experience in another client-facing role. Candidates must be comfortable speaking with clients.
- Impeccable organization skills and ability to manage own workload under deadline.
- Excellent communication skills combined with the confidence and ability to lead discussions among a variety of team members and clients.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills, especially in translating somewhat complex information for broad audiences.
- Proficient with MS Office and Google Drive. Familiarity with AP style encouraged.
- Knowledge of industrial manufacturing is helpful but not required. (Training will be provided.)
Thomas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Thomas believes that diversity is critical to our success in delivering great workplace experiences and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity of our people. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Help us maintain the quality of our job postings.
Is this job a junior position?Let Us Know