Junior Financial Controller
Shaper is developing a revolutionary line of computer-augmented power tools, starting with a handheld CNC router called Origin.
We’re looking for a Junior Controller to become a key player on our finance team as we scale our international business. As a Junior Controller focusing on reporting and compliance topics, you’ll be supporting month-end and year-end closing, forecasting, and annual budgeting so that financial results are communicated accurately and in a timely manner.
In addition you’ll ensure compliance with necessary sales tax and statutory filings. Furthermore, your support in creating financial and accounting policies and the application and adherence to these will create a positive impact.
Shaper is a growing company and as part of your role you would be expected to facilitate that growth by implementing and improving processes and systems for a streamlined and reliable finance function from which the organisation benefits.
It is our long-term goal to establish finance as a true business partner within the organisation, so if you’re passionate about that mission to build up a finance function that makes a difference then we want you to join our team as a Junior Controller.
- Make our success visible to stakeholders by preparing monthly reportings and financial statements as well as the respective annotations
- Help us steer the ship by working on forecasts, budgets and variance analysis together with budget owners
- Keep our books neat and tidy with proper account reconciliations and ensure compliance for statutory and tax filings together with our tax consultants
- Make the life of your co-workers easier by preparing and updating our finance and accounting policies
- Understand the drivers of our success and use this knowledge to define KPIs and the associated performance measurement systems
- Keep everything in the flow by assisting in implementing and optimising processes with a strong focus on automation
- Have at least 2-3 years of experience in an accounting or finance role
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent field Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of value flows across different systems and willingness to learn basic customization
- Experience with financial reporting and US-GAAP accounting
- Ability to work independently and be eager to tackle the challenges ahead
- Proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Have a love for creating sawdust and building great woodworking projects.
- You’ve started working on your CPA or other advanced degrees
- Startup or tech experience or other fast-paced environment
- You like building things with your hands
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k plan with percentage match
- Commuter benefits
- Access to a fully stocked workshop to make whatever you like!
Help us maintain the quality of our job postings.
Is this job a junior position?Let Us Know