Junior UX/UI Developer
Who We Are
Darby is an ongoing American success story. We were founded in Brooklyn, New York in 1948 as a single mail-order catalog. Today, we are one of the nation’s largest providers of dental supplies and solutions, offering more than 50,000 products and an extensive range of capital equipment, software, technology and repair services.
We are a group of down-to-earth, passionate people who look out for one another. You will find a positive, upbeat team, great work-life balance, and a collaborative environment where you can thrive throughout your career!
What You Will Do
The Junior UX/UI Front End Developer works interdepartmentally to build, deploy, and support the software that powers Darby’s eCommerce experiences.
We’re seeking a candidate who loves to move fluidly between both creative and technical thinking. Our ideal UX/UI Front End Developer brings an engineer’s mind and a designer’s mentality together to solve complex UI problems in code and in design. This role is focused on defining the needs and requirements for front end interfaces, defining scope, and working closely with Digital Marketing and IT teams and a team of developers on testing, deploying and integrating with back end services.
- Know and understand Darby’s tech stack
- Work with the Digital Marketing team to help define UI requirements and constraints
- Translate designs and build beautiful front end experiences, test components, and integrate with back end services
- Flow from general requirements to design, including prototypes, through to implementation
- Inform efforts to unify product look, feel and usability at all touch-points
- Mentor other developers to improve the ability to self-diagnose UI/UX issues and identify opportunities for improvement
- Maintain a framework of modular web components that can be used in multiple products
What We Need In You
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to liaise between Marketing and IT
- Experience with HTML, CSS, major UI platforms and design methodology
- Experience with UI/UX design and integration, with data-intensive backend systems
- Understanding of back end technologies and requirements
Why Join Team Darby
With a history of financial stability and aggressive growth, you will have the opportunity to build a career path with us. We are pleased to offer:
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental benefits
- Vision Plan
- 401(k) Savings plan with company match
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistant Program
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Work-Life Balance
- On-site Fitness Center (Jericho office only)
- Opportunities to give back to your local community
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Help us maintain the quality of our job postings.
Is this job a junior position?Let Us Know