Junior WordPress Developer (Remote)
Socius Marketing is looking for a Junior WordPress Developer to join our team. Do you have what it takes to create beautiful, converting web pages and marketing pieces for technology companies? If you are a creative developer with a strong understanding of responsive design, a passion for communicating value through web content and interaction, and experience with WordPress, then this role could be perfect for you
You are passionate about bringing designs to life and writing clean code. You’ve built up the knowledge and experience to confidently build web pages from scratch and have experience building and maintaining WordPress websites. You’re ready to work at high velocity across many brands. You yearn to learn more about modern marketing, best practices, and all things front-end development. You’re looking for new challenges, and leadership to support your growth.
Socius Marketing, an EverCommerce company, is a full-service Internet marketing firm that is consistently one of the fastest growing companies in the Tampa Bay area. We offer tremendous growth opportunities to motivated individuals.
Serving a national client base, Socius is headquartered in Tampa, Florida, in the prestigious Rocky Point area. The Socius office offer panoramic views of Tampa Bay, and a corporate gym and deli are conveniently located on premises. While our ideal candidate will already be local to the Tampa Bay metro area, we are open to top candidates from across the U.S.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain familiarity with content management and eCommerce solutions such as WordPress, Joomla and Magento
- Work within current creative team to develop and maintain highly visible client web sites
- Developing and supporting reusable internal tools to support the Design and Sales departments
- Set up, manage, and configure hosting environments
- Proactively perform cross-browser testing and optimizations
- Maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferrable code
- Maintain working knowledge of new development software, trends, and practices related to your responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1+ years full-time experience with primary duties focus on web design and front-end development in a production environment
- Analytical thinker and problem solver, ability to come up with solutions to diverse problems
- Ability to create high-quality designs and build into a functioning browser compatible website, using proper markup, CSS and argument with interactive features using JS, jQuery, etc.
- Familiarity with content management and eCommerce solutions such as WordPress, Joomla and Magento
- Familiar with MySQL and SQL database infrastructure
- Cross-browser and cross-platform compatible design and development
- Expert understanding of the latest and legacy browser capabilities, including mobile
- Familiar with formal QA methodologies, processes and techniques
- Design software power-user (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc…)
- Experience designing within a grid framework
- Adept at making pixel perfect sites that meet design/technical requirements
- Experience and knowledge with SEO best practices
- Experience and knowledge of Google Analytics
- Analytical problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Existing agency experience
- Experience connecting to third-party info using various API techniques
- ASP experience
- Responsive design experience using media queries and/or frameworks
- Experience with device specific design and development
- Functional knowledge of performance optimization techniques
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Robust medical benefits & 401(k) with match
- Public transportation reimbursement
- Gym Stipend
- Start with 17 vacation days, 8 standard holidays plus your birthday off, and a day off to volunteer each year
- Snacks, lunches, and happy hours (when the office is open)
EverCommerce is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We look forward to reviewing your credentials and getting to know more about your experience!
Help us maintain the quality of our job postings.
Is this job a junior position?Let Us Know