Junior Front-End Developer
The Junior Front-End Developer is an entry-level role, with day-to-day responsibilities of leading smaller WordPress projects within larger accounts, and assisting the development team. This role learns to understand how the studio works and is the primary WordPress developer for production work. The Junior Front-End Developer is responsible for building the ‘client-side’ of our web applications, and translating our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications.
This role is 90-day contract to hire full-time. We are also open to Freelancer applications. Both are flexible to be remote in the US.
- Lead development of small WordPress projects autonomously
- Assist medium projects with guidance from the senior development team
- Execute production development projects with efficiency and accuracy
- Expand web development skills in WordPress
- Build and test email marketing
- Translate complex technology to simple language
- Maintenance of all websites hosted by Glantz
- Perform troubleshooting after launching and while hosting a website
- Tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design
- Able to create a functional and attractive digital environment for our company, ensuring a great user experience
- Willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations
- In 6 months: Develop small projects autonomously. Build a custom WordPress framework with shadowing.
- In 1 year: Be promotable to Developer, where you would build medium projects autonomously in WordPress, contribute significantly to large projects. Define path for one new skill for continued learning.
Check out our benefits such as 15 days of PTO plus the week of Christmas to New Year, casual work environment, multiple insurance options, short-term disability, 401K matching, professional development, rotating DJ duties on Spotify, free gym, and rec room access with a pool.
We pride ourselves on work-life balance as a small studio. We work within the given hours of the day, and if there are weekend web launches for security purposes, we give that time back in PTO plus additional time. We love our work, but we also love our time to live.
Entry-level, Minimum 1 year of relevant developer internship or freelance experience
Relevant experience in development
Strong communication skills
Attention to detail
Curious creative and collaborator
Understands WordPress themes and principles of custom themes
CSS via SASS or another CSS preprocessor
Accessibility (nice to have)
Familiar with Photoshop, Illustrator or Sketch
Help us maintain the quality of our job postings.
Is this job a junior position?Let Us Know