Subscribe to get a weekly email of new jobs
Are you hiring?
Junior Back End Developer
Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CAMay 29
Studio71 is a premium global media company and content studio that develops, produces and distributes original programming across multiple platforms. Studio71 is a Red Arrow Studios Company headquartered in Beverly Hills, with offices in Berlin, New York, Toronto, and London.
Studio71 is seeking a talented and self-motivated Clojure Developer to join the Software Development team. This role is fully remote.
- Work with other developers on creating scalable, high-availability web services (both internal and external) - Integrate multiple external services and datasources into a single comprehensive system.
- Work with front end developers, Product Manger, and CTO to find solutions for a variety of projects.
- Assist the CTO and senior developers in designing new services and platforms.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Java.
- Knowledge and interest in functional programming with Clojure or LISP.
- Familiarity with web services and job queues.
- Familiarity with developing a RESTful API.
- Experience with various databases, both SQL and NoSQL (MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis, Riak).
- Excellent ability to work with big data.
- Familiarity with source control, specifically GIT and working with complex branching.
- Experience with the Linux command line and managing machines / services over ssh.
- Experience in working in a team-based creative environment.
- An understanding of Agile development methods.
- Familiarity with social media APIs (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with Amazon’s AWS platform
- Experience with Elastic search
- Experience developing test suites
- Experience with solving big data problems using MapReduce / Hadoop, Hive, and Pig
- Familiarity with the online video business
- Familiarity with statistical analysis on large data sets
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP)
Junior WordPress Developer (Remote)
Remote - Tampa, FLMay 29
Socius Marketing is looking for a Junior WordPress Developer to join our team. Do you have what it takes to create beautiful, converting web pages and marketing pieces for technology companies? If you are a creative developer with a strong understanding of responsive design, a passion for communicating value through web content and interaction, and experience with WordPress, then this role could be perfect for you
You are passionate about bringing designs to life and writing clean code. You’ve built up the knowledge and experience to confidently build web pages from scratch and have experience building and maintaining WordPress websites. You’re ready to work at high velocity across many brands. You yearn to learn more about modern marketing, best practices, and all things front-end development. You’re looking for new challenges, and leadership to support your growth.
Socius Marketing, an EverCommerce company, is a full-service Internet marketing firm that is consistently one of the fastest growing companies in the Tampa Bay area. We offer tremendous growth opportunities to motivated individuals.
Serving a national client base, Socius is headquartered in Tampa, Florida, in the prestigious Rocky Point area. The Socius office offer panoramic views of Tampa Bay, and a corporate gym and deli are conveniently located on premises. While our ideal candidate will already be local to the Tampa Bay metro area, we are open to top candidates from across the U.S.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain familiarity with content management and eCommerce solutions such as WordPress, Joomla and Magento
- Work within current creative team to develop and maintain highly visible client web sites
- Developing and supporting reusable internal tools to support the Design and Sales departments
- Set up, manage, and configure hosting environments
- Proactively perform cross-browser testing and optimizations
- Maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferrable code
- Maintain working knowledge of new development software, trends, and practices related to your responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1+ years full-time experience with primary duties focus on web design and front-end development in a production environment
- Analytical thinker and problem solver, ability to come up with solutions to diverse problems
- Ability to create high-quality designs and build into a functioning browser compatible website, using proper markup, CSS and argument with interactive features using JS, jQuery, etc.
- Familiarity with content management and eCommerce solutions such as WordPress, Joomla and Magento
- Familiar with MySQL and SQL database infrastructure
- Cross-browser and cross-platform compatible design and development
- Expert understanding of the latest and legacy browser capabilities, including mobile
- Familiar with formal QA methodologies, processes and techniques
- Design software power-user (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc…)
- Experience designing within a grid framework
- Adept at making pixel perfect sites that meet design/technical requirements
- Experience and knowledge with SEO best practices
- Experience and knowledge of Google Analytics
- Analytical problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Existing agency experience
- Experience connecting to third-party info using various API techniques
- ASP experience
- Responsive design experience using media queries and/or frameworks
- Experience with device specific design and development
- Functional knowledge of performance optimization techniques
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Robust medical benefits & 401(k) with match
- Public transportation reimbursement
- Gym Stipend
- Start with 17 vacation days, 8 standard holidays plus your birthday off, and a day off to volunteer each year
- Snacks, lunches, and happy hours (when the office is open)
EverCommerce is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We look forward to reviewing your credentials and getting to know more about your experience!
Junior UX/UI Developer
New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PAMay 29
Who We Are
Darby is an ongoing American success story. We were founded in Brooklyn, New York in 1948 as a single mail-order catalog. Today, we are one of the nation’s largest providers of dental supplies and solutions, offering more than 50,000 products and an extensive range of capital equipment, software, technology and repair services.
We are a group of down-to-earth, passionate people who look out for one another. You will find a positive, upbeat team, great work-life balance, and a collaborative environment where you can thrive throughout your career!
What You Will Do
The Junior UX/UI Front End Developer works interdepartmentally to build, deploy, and support the software that powers Darby’s eCommerce experiences.
We’re seeking a candidate who loves to move fluidly between both creative and technical thinking. Our ideal UX/UI Front End Developer brings an engineer’s mind and a designer’s mentality together to solve complex UI problems in code and in design. This role is focused on defining the needs and requirements for front end interfaces, defining scope, and working closely with Digital Marketing and IT teams and a team of developers on testing, deploying and integrating with back end services.
- Know and understand Darby’s tech stack
- Work with the Digital Marketing team to help define UI requirements and constraints
- Translate designs and build beautiful front end experiences, test components, and integrate with back end services
- Flow from general requirements to design, including prototypes, through to implementation
- Inform efforts to unify product look, feel and usability at all touch-points
- Mentor other developers to improve the ability to self-diagnose UI/UX issues and identify opportunities for improvement
- Maintain a framework of modular web components that can be used in multiple products
What We Need In You
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to liaise between Marketing and IT
- Experience with HTML, CSS, major UI platforms and design methodology
- Experience with UI/UX design and integration, with data-intensive backend systems
- Understanding of back end technologies and requirements
Why Join Team Darby
With a history of financial stability and aggressive growth, you will have the opportunity to build a career path with us. We are pleased to offer:
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental benefits
- Vision Plan
- 401(k) Savings plan with company match
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistant Program
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Work-Life Balance
- On-site Fitness Center (Jericho office only)
- Opportunities to give back to your local community
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Jr. PHP Application Developer
Phoenix-Mesa-Chandler, AZMay 29
Boomtown is the Customer Experience Management company. We help enterprises and their partner ecosystems deliver exceptional customer experiences with complete visibility and precise control.
The Boomtown Platform (“CXMEngine”) includes pre-built CRM connectors, experience orchestration and automation tools, as well as knowledge delivery and integrated communication solutions in one seamless platform. The world’s largest businesses trust our technology because it has been tested and proven in the most complex and secure business environments. Customer experience professionals choose us because we deliver simplicity at massive scale, streamlining CXM efforts at every customer touchpoint.
Founded in 2014, Boomtown is made up of dedicated CXM experts and technologists. We are headquartered in Tiburon, California, and backed by NYCA Partners, Telstra Ventures, Capital One Ventures, and Commerce Ventures.
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an intelligent, communicative and highly motivated individual to help drive the continued growth and performance of our company. In this role you will work alongside our development team to enhance existing and build new features that help our partners deliver exceptional customer experiences.
This role requires thoughtful implementation of scalable solutions with a mindset towards performance. We're looking for someone that thrives on knowledge sharing and collaboration to better the team. We have employees across the United States and Europe and place a premium on expertise over your
- Contribute to building a sophisticated SaaS application
- Agile development using modern MVC best practices
- Debugging applications in an efficient, structured approach
- Responsive to time sensitive and interrupt driven tasks
- Participating in code reviews of your work and the work of your team
Skills & Experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of development experience in a LAMP environment
- OOP skills in PHP 7.4+
- Ability to write and understand MySQL queries
- Competency with development tools, i.e. JetBrains IDE, Xdebug, Git, CLI
- Comfort in multiple programming languages a big plus
If you’re excited about redefining how B2B companies deliver exceptional customer and product experiences, come join us and help shape the future of our company. Boomtown is a close group that values hard work, dedication, learning, and creativity. We offer equity participation in an early-stage, high growth technology company, competitive health/dental/vision benefits, unlimited PTO, and cash & stock bonuses for excellent performance.
Junior Web Developer
Baltimore-Columbia-Towson, MDMay 26
Liquified Creative is looking to add an entry-level Junior Web Developer to our team. This position will support the Senior Web Developer while working across various client accounts. Specifically, this role will support the design, development, launch, and updates of client sites.
This is an on-site, full-time position at our Annapolis office.
Being a full-time, on-site team member, the right candidate will have the ability to work both independently and in a collaborative group environment.
The Junior Web Developer should be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Successful time management skills and the ability to meet essential deadlines is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent program/experience required
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or MariaDB
- Experience with basic hosting environment management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 1-3 years of professional experience in web development
- Agency or in-house experience
- Awareness of Web Accessibility Guidelines
- Experience with a CSS pre-processor (e.g. – SASS, SCSS, or LESS)
- Experience using Git, Mercurial, SVN, or a similar code repository and versioning system
- Experience with WordPress management and theme development
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and XD
To apply, please email your cover letter, samples of past work, and a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls or freelancers please. Salary commensurate with experience.
Junior C++ Developer
New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PAMay 23
GTS is a leading global electronic market maker, powered by combining market expertise with innovative, proprietary technology. As a quantitative trading firm continually building for the future, GTS leverages the latest in artificial intelligence systems and sophisticated pricing models to bring consistency, efficiency, and transparency to today’s financial markets. GTS accounts for 3-5% of daily cash equities volume in the U.S. and trades over 30,000 different instruments globally, including listed and OTC equities, ETFs, futures, commodities, Fixed Income, foreign exchange, and interest rate products. GTS is the largest Designated Market Maker (DMM) at the New York Stock Exchange, responsible for nearly $12 trillion of market capitalization. Our workplace of 200 plus employees welcomes people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we take pride in our diverse workforce. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender or gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status and statuses protected by law. The GTS culture is collaborative and entrepreneurial and welcomes individuals of all kinds.
We are a technology driven firm looking for talented junior level C++ software developers who share our passion for technology. You will have the opportunity to work on various aspects of our technology including developing and optimizing our trading platform, utilizing low level technology and network programming, finding a high-volume data-processing solution for the daily analysis of the firm’s trading activities across all asset classes, and augmenting, improving, and redesigning software systems that support and monitor our trading activity in real-time.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++ programming skills
- Familiarity with binary data, multi-threading, real-time and distributed software systems
- Exposure to high-performance and low-latency software development
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field
- 1-2 years of related work experience; internship experience counts
- High degree of organization and follow-through with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
The following experience/attributions are a plus
- Some exposure to and desire to learn Python
- Demonstrated experience operating/scripting in a Linux environment
- Hands-on database experience and experience working with a large code base
Visa sponsorship available for the right candidate.
We invest heavily in our technology and infrastructure, and our flat collaborative and collegiate structure encourages an environment where our developers can bring their ideas straight to senior level partners and firm founders. We're proud to employ some of the leading talent in the industry, and we work to ensure our employees enjoy a high quality-of-life.
What We Offer:
- A selection of healthcare plans for you and your family, some 100% employer paid; with coverage starting on day one
In-office perks – Free lunch daily and access to a fully stocked pantry (when working in the office).
- Casual dress code (when working in the office).
We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with GTS.
We do not post or share salary ranges externally, any online salary estimates may not be accurate.
JUNIOR DEVELOPER, EMAIL MARKETING
New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PAMay 21
Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world’s most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards.
It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories. For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
We’re looking for a team member who is passionate about design, enjoys front-end languages, and wants to change the world one email at a time! The Junior Email Designer/Developer will manage, develop, and QA approximately 30-40 email campaigns per month while contributing to the growth and effectiveness of the Simon & Schuster email marketing program. In addition, this position will also design banners and other email assets as needed. We are looking for a team player who can collaborate with other members of the email team to manage workflow, understands and applies email best practices, and stays current with the #emailgeeks community on Litmus, Twitter, and beyond.
An affinity for books and reading a is a plus!
Efficient in HTML and CSS.
Confident working in Adobe Create Suite.
Portfolio demonstrates experience with usability and UX.
Experience with open source learning and application.
Has initiative to learn, research, and gather new ideas.
Preferred experience working with Salesforce or another enterprise ESP.
Preferred experience working with Email on Acid and Litmus.
Open to design applicants who recently completed coding courses, but have not applied their knowledge on the job yet.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
JR. FRONTEND DEVELOPER
Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WAMay 15
Looking to get your foot in the agency door and build up a dope portfolio? Think you’re ready to handle projects and have creative decision making power?
Can you work closely with designers and other developers to bring a creative vision to life, on that interactive hotness? Are you passionate about the web and respectful of deadlines and hard work?
Then we need to talk little buddy.
We’re looking for a jr to mid level front-end developer to help us create immersive, best-in-show web products. We’ll give you a space to get great at your craft, while working on cool projects with an amazing crew of people.
If that sounds like you, hit us up! Make sure to send a portfolio demonstrating some of your work and don’t forget that Github profile.
Skills We’re Looking For
- HTML5 / SCSS / JS
- Appreciation for UI / UX
- Mobile-first responsive design
- Experience integrating JSON data sources and APIs
- Experience with front-end build tools like, Grunt/Gulp, webpack, CodeKit etc
- Experience with open source CMSs like WordPress, Craft, etc
- A background of writing and deploying code, including experience with version control systems such as GIT & Github
- A snazzy-ass portfolio showcasing your fledgling work.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of good Information Architecture
- Willingness to write about web stuff, cool things you’ve figured out, and promotion of your projects
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and behave all human like
- An appreciate for how to communicate constructively with people from non-technical background
- Desire to make projects awesome, regardless of your contribution
- Flexibility and an eagerness to learn the latest approaches & emerging best practices
- Ability to express your ideas constructively within a team framework
- Coachable and willing to learn. Also willing to teach.
Other skills that will set you apart:
- Evidence of being active on the interwebs
- A GitHub account with some nifty code nuggets
- Writings about code and stuff you’ve learned along the way
- A Dope Portfolio
- Ability to make designs better
- Appreciation for writing modular, Object-oriented code
- Understanding of team coding & documentation standards
- Solutions driven approach to technical problems
Jr. Front End UI Developer
Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, COMay 1
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Completes programming and implements, tests and debugs defined software components.
Reviews, writes and edits codes. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
Experience having worked with Java and Angular required.
Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software design evaluation plans, test results and technical manuals.
Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
Works with the Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
Applies full use and application of engineering methodologies related to area of engineering specialty.
Displays knowledge of engineering concepts and skills and knowledge of their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
Displays knowledge of and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills.
Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
Drive results and growth.
Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Jr. Web Developer
Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CAMay 1
Looking for a Jr. WordPress Web Designer II Super ⭐️ looking to join a fast-paced rapidly growing Automotive Marketing Agency!
GARBAGE DREAM MEDIA is currently looking for a creative and hardworking JR. WORDPRESS WEB DESIGNER to join our team. Potential candidate will report to the DEVELOPER and assist on graphic design infrastructure and web design.
⭐️Only submissions that include a Cover Letter, Resume and link to Portfolio including Student work will be considered.
While it’s appreciated for people from around the country to apply, we prefer candidates located in the Southern California region.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
Building, expanding, and maintaining e-commerce websites via Shopify.com and WooCommerce/Wordpress
Daily and Weekly Content updates and edits
Routine website maintenance tasks
Participate with and contribute to DevOps practices
Photo image retouching, which include clipping paths, color corrections and additional image manipulation
WordPress and Shopify a must
Preferred: Additional basic to intermediate knowledge of web back-end development using PHP, the Magento 2 e-commerce platform, and SQL databases
Degree from an accredited College or University with emphasis on Graphic Design/Web Design or Web Development
Exhibiting strong WordPress skills is a must!
Handle day-to-day tasks and prioritize as new projects are given, meet deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
Coordinate with Art Director and Developer to get all the necessary information to accomplish the project.
Salesforce Jr Web Developer
Hearth & Home
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WIMay 1
Every professional wants to work for an industry leader. Now is your chance as Hearth & Home Technologies is hiring a Salesforce Jr Web Developer in Lakeville, MN.
A career at Hearth & Home Technologies puts you in the position of working with the most popular brands in the industry, and having an impact on a product that people love. The hearth is the center of the home and family life.
Hearth & Home Technologies provides careers that fuel your professional growth. You’ve already reached an impressive level of success in your career, and now is the time to capitalize on all of your skills in a rewarding career without limits.
The team you work with will be highly skilled and trained. The products and company you represent are best-in-class.
Job Description Overview
This is a junior level developer role that reports directly to the Business Application Manager. This position is responsible for supporting on-going maintenance, as well as participating in new development of our salesforce web and mobile applications. The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering high-quality products, performs well in an agile team environment, learns quickly, and desires to continuously develop their skills.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develops customized solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, requirements, and company goals. Adhere to HHT coding standards and practices.
- Supports and maintains internal and customer-facing applications in Salesforce instances and conducts long-term improvements to ensure compatibility with evolving business requirements.
- Follows best practices for the full software development life cycle, including adhering to coding standards, building deployment packages, designing, and coding enterprise framework components, and performing code reviews.
- Provides system administration support of internal and customer-facing Salesforce environment, especially related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects, and workflow.
- Collaborates with various internal departments, including marketing, product development, customer experience and sales operations, to ensure Salesforce environment supports internal and customer-facing customer needs relating to functionality and performance.
- Communicate with manager, business users and other developers to design cohesive project strategies and ensure effective collaboration throughout all phases of development, testing and deployment.
- Adheres to HHT coding standards and practices.
- Has a high desire to learn continuously.
- Self-motivated, good communicator and creative.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills required.
- Must have good planning, organizational and decision-making skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I – Preferred
About Working for Hearth & Home Technologies
Take ownership of your career with a job that ignites your passions and rewards your hard work. At Hearth & Home Technologies, you will have the opportunity to Burn Brighter working with a supportive team developing industry-leading hearth products.
Hearth & Home Technologies is an operating division of HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI). We design, manufacture and distribute a wide variety of gas, electric, wood and biomass burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves and accessories. Lakeville, Minnesota is our home, but we have locations throughout the United States.
As we continue expanding our operations, we’re looking for leaders who are confident in what they do, but open to learning from others. Hardworking professionals who take pride in their company as much as their work. Are you ready to drive meaningful change to our business, to learn through challenging work experiences and to act like an owner?
Take the next step in your career. Get started and apply today!
Junior Web Developer
Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro, OR-WAMay 1
Salary range: $45,000 - $60,000
Owen Jones is looking for a Junior Developer with 1+ years of experience (internships are okay).
An effective Developer at Owen Jones is curious, thorough, highly communicative, and focused on doing their best work. This person enjoys independent problem solving, but understands when it’s time to ask for help. Our development team members should be invested in supporting their co-workers by coming to projects with an open mind and sharing the load when things get hard.
When applying, please include one or more links to work you have done, and describe what your role was on the project. Personal projects are acceptable.
Areas of Responsibility
- Creation of new client work, including static and CMS-driven websites, under the guidance of senior dev team members.
- Maintenance of current sites, judiciously building on existing systems, including new feature development and bug fixes.
- Follow Owen development guidelines and best practices.
- Reach out for guidance from other team members as necessary.
- Focus on clear and direct communication when writing to clients and Owen team.
- In-depth knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Good understanding of front-end development practices, including browser compatibility issues and appropriate coding patterns
- Experience developing for at least one common CMS (ideally WordPress or Craft)
- Ability to communicate technical information in an easily understood manner to non-technical people
- Basic familiarity with command line usage
- Basic familiarity with Git for version control
- Understanding of how to use common web technologies such as APIs
Areas of Growth
- Gain knowledge of good development thinking and best practices and from Senior and Mid-level Developers.
- Follow trends in web development and share relevant info with the wider development team.
- Hone your decision making skills by learning from experience and growing your practical knowledge.
- Look at the bigger picture of “What are the root problems we are trying to solve?”, when feature requests are made by clients.
- Ongoing professional development, including keeping up to date with browser capabilities and innovations in the web development world.
- Grow your skills as a developer, communicator, and professional at Owen Jones.
Note that you don't need to possess 100% of the qualities to be considered. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply.
Owen Jones' General Expectations
- Commitment to the best possible work, especially when the well feels dry or it feels like “just another project.”
- Honest, direct, and detailed communication.
- Perpetually evolve your own skills; try new things and work inventively.
- Use your unique experiences and skills to help push Owen Jones' creative executions.
- Get to the heart of what it is you’re trying to solve; dig in deep and research.
- Courage and wisdom to ask for help.
- Be flexible and willing to assist in an array of tasks.
- Attention to detail in everything you touch. The details are the end product.
- Respect for your Owen teammates. Treat others as they would like to be treated. Lend a hand, pick up your slack, and don’t leave anyone behind. Remember that we will spend more waking time together than with almost anyone else, so make that relationship healthy and productive.
Junior Full Stack Developer
The Coca-Cola Company
Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Alpharetta, GAMay 1
Junior Full Stack Developer
Coca-Cola is one of the most recognizable brands in the world. We were the first company to ever utilize coupons and for decades our marketing practices have been cutting edge. Today we’re using world class Marketing Technology (MarTech) to continue to market our brands to billions of consumers globally. One of the MarTech platforms we use today is our custom-built Pin Codes application which generates codes that can be found on social media and inside of every Coca-Cola bottle cap. Millions of consumers around the world use these pin codes to participate in promotions, and prize redemptions.
Today we’re looking for a Junior Full Stack Developer to join our Global MarTech team to help scale this technology globally and support hundreds of countries (and billions of bottle caps) around the world. We are looking for someone who can write top quality code, has a DevOps mindset, loves automation and tooling. She/he will play a critical role in software development; have the ability to design and deploy scalable, distributed systems; be familiar with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD); be curious about how systems work and how they fail; and be eager to learn new technologies and solutions. But most important of all, be a teammate, a student, and a mentor to others on the team. She/he will provide development and support for two critical Marketing technologies: Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) CMS platform and Pin Codes (The Coca-Cola Company’s bottle cap Pin Code generation and redemption application).
What You’ll Do For Us
- Develop and maintain software applications including, coding, testing and/or unit testing, test automation and documentation
- Maintain a high level of proficiency with Computer Science/Software Engineering knowledge and contribute to the technical skills growth of other team members
- Develop industry and product technical expertise
- Participate in, and adhere to, professional software engineering practices using such tools and methodologies such as Agile Software Development, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Deployment, Source Code Management
- Troubleshoot issues when working with different web technologies
- Build and operationalize the Pin Code OCR (Optical Character Recognition) function using AI technologies from our partners to automate Pin Code entry for consumers
- Monitor end-to-end business applications in order to proactively identify or resolve problems in accordance with operational standards and procedures
- Perform problem and trend analysis (e.g. monitoring) to identify and correct repetitive problems and increase overall system availability;
- Assist Technical agencies with troubleshooting any performance issues (either database or with the application/API’s) or system failures
- Provide training and support to our business partners around the world who are using the Global Pin Codes platform for loyalty and promotions and work with bottlers and printers to ensure successful printing of codes
- Provide Operations Support for the Pin Codes platform including critical support (as needed). This involves monitoring a support queue as well as critical support calls
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related degree, or equivalent practical experience
- 1+ years of professional experience (can include internships)
- Experience with public cloud such as Azure, GCP, or AWS (EC2, Lamda, etc.) strongly preferred
- AEM / Web Content Mgt System
- Experienced with GIT code repositories, DevOps best practices and working with automation tools
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (Jenkins/Maven/GitHub)
- Basic understanding of RESTful microservices and large systems in services-oriented architectures
- Basic understanding of cloud services and serverless architecture
- Basic understanding of programming paradigms (object-oriented, functional, event-driven etc.) and their applications
- Basic understanding of Bamboo, Jenkins or other standard automation servers
- Basic understanding of build tools: Gradle, Maven, Ant, Make, Rake, Grunt, Gulp, Ninja, Blaze/Bazel, Pants or others is a plus
- Basic understanding of configuration management and containerization technologies is a plus
- Basic understanding of ORMs and building applications backed by relational, Key/Value and document databases
- Basic understanding of Agile Development practices, Scrum, Test and Behavior Driven Development, Domain Driven Design
- Basic understanding of Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) guidelines and the secure software development best practices.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Jr. Front End Web Developer
San Francisco-Oakland-Berkeley, CAApr 12
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Jr. Front End Web Developer will support the Global DTC team by managing ongoing eCommerce site enhancement projects including management of digital content management and product data; and act as a thought-partner to merchandising and creative teams. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced, dynamic work environment, where continuous experimentation and innovation are highly valued. This role will work directly with IT, operational, creative and merchandising teams to bring ideas to life in a functional environment.
- Develop software, applications and infrastructure to power the Shopify driven Quay.com B2C eCommerce site experience (30%, primary responsibility)
- Partner with the design and merchandising teams to transform mock-ups into engaging, accessible web experiences (20%, primary responsibility)
- Collaborate with key cross-functional DTC and IT partners to help scope features, identify potential trade-offs, and ensure we’re building the right thing for our users (15%, primary responsibility)
- Manage and prioritize a workload of multiple projects from concept to completion. Drive rigor in our agile development process. Collaborate via JIRA board, participate in and conduct code reviews, pull requests, etc. (15%, collaborator)
- Provide front-end testing support for cross-functional technology projects (10%, primary responsibility)
- Research and recommend new technologies and applications to improve the Quay.com user experience (10%, primary responsibility)
Budget Owner: No
Fiscal Accountabilities: NA
Key Working Relationships:
- This role must establish a strong working relationship with the Global brand marketing and DTC teams.
- This role will require strong collaboration with the IT team and external development partners
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years professional experience developing large, well-tested web applications
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
- Experience working with and processing data from web APIs
- Experience in an agile development process, familiar working with Atlassian tool set or similar
- Experience with Shopify and personalization tools (e.g. Dynamic Yield) preferred
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean, readable code that scales and performs well
- Excellent front-end debugging skills
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment and responding to change
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with designers, developers, and marketing teams
- This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
Junior iOS Engineer
New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PAApr 12
The Audible iOS team’s vision is to enable a friction-less experience allowing Audible customers to listen and engage with the largest Audiobook portfolio. Our goal is to deliver world-class products that scale for millions of daily listener sessions across the entire iOS eco-system including smart phones, Car Play, Smart Watches and living room devices. We are a nimble team with a game-changing mind-set, endless passion and uncompromising user focus. We operate like a start-up, yet have the resources we need to deliver on our goals.
You are talented, adaptable, and flexible. We’re looking for creative, open-minded iOS software development engineers to help build technologies that continuously improve the Audible listening experience. While focusing on iOS development, you’ll build and scale mobile software, and coordinate cross-functionally by integrating new features, maintaining high performance, and creating intuitive interfaces. Our team is working on building native iOS products, without compromising compatibility with various iOS devices in an agile environment.
If you are ready to become a part of a culture that celebrates “thinking big” and want to use your passion and creativity to improve the daily lives of listeners around the world, we have a place for you on our team – come join us.
· Own and be responsible for key components within the team.
· Design, develop, implement and support Key Components using latest technology that will influence teams beyond Audible.
· Work with Product Management and take the lead to help create, design and develop software that involves exploring and bringing out latest technology on the platform to make the listening experience better and easier for our users.
· Take every opportunity make a large impact on the design, architecture and implementation of cutting edge mobile based products.
· Provide technical direction and strategy to the team, drive the system architecture, spearhead the best practices and influence peer teams with brown-bag sessions and hackathons.
· Staying up to date on the latest trends & technologies industry-wide and sharing that knowledge with the internal community.
· Committed to team work, hustle and strong communication skills (both to business and technical peers).
· Thrive in delivering high quality technology mobile products in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities.
· 1+ years of experience in Objective-C or Swift.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
· 1+ years of professional software development experience.
· Data-oriented skills with knowledge of Core Data and database design.
· Working knowledge of dependency injection, operations/promises, and modular development.
· Demonstrated experience in problem-solving with experience in ambiguous situations.
· Experience in documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment.
· Experience in Agile development.
· Recent experience building enterprise-scale mobile applications.
· Experience building mobile UI with UIKit, especially Auto Layout and related SDKs, including use of storyboard and animations.
· Background in synchronizing information across devices with support for offline transactions.
· Competency in automation, enthusiasm for continuous integration/deployment or Chaos Engineering.
· Experience with Swift, bridging headers etc.
· Solid Coding practices including good design, unit testing, peer code reviews and a preference for agile methods.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, source code management & build processes.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Junior Security Engineer
Berryville Holdings, LLC
Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WVApr 12
Junior Security Engineer
Full-time position. Only seeking candidates in Northern Virginia.
Berryville Holdings, LLC is a software development and services company dedicated to providing leading-edge technology solutions to customers whose security and operational requirements demand proactive security solutions. Our headquarters is located outside of Washington D.C. in Herndon, Virginia, and we employ a group of highly talented engineers and developers across the country who devise and maintain our unique software solutions.
Our cloud-driven software product line leverages state-of-the art cloud technologies and strives to invent new software techniques. Berryville Holdings, LLC holds multiple U.S. patents for our software and technology solutions. Join us for a unique opportunity to focus your talents and energy on rewarding, meaningful, and invigorating work with an innovative, industry-leading company.
This position does not require the evaluation of source code and is primarily focused on the management of security objectives, such as monitoring, auditing, and coordinating penetration testing assessments and security plans.
The overarching security objective of this position is the continuous evaluation of our software product line. Specific duties include:
- Coordinating of security reviews/events with 3rdparty penetration companies (blackbox and whitebox).
- Tracking and reporting published threats on related software libraries.
- Providing self-driven investments in measures to protect the software (e.g., security tools, applications, policies, or processes).
- Tracking security relevant events and creating reports for senior management.
This position requires the candidate to demonstrate genuine comprehension of security software technologies, concepts, tools, and their relevance. The candidate must be able to intelligently assess and convey security findings, information, news, or events to senior management, engineers, and software developers.
We are only seeking candidates enthusiastic and passionate about software security.
- Three weeks of paid time off, plus paid time off for all federal holidays and your birthday.
- An additional week of paid time off is provided for every 3 years of employment.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401K matching.
- Related classwork and certification reimbursement.
- Bi-annual cash bonuses.
- 2+ years of academic or professional experience working in Information Assurance, Cybersecurity, or a related field.
- Experience coordinating security inspections, tests, and reviews.
- One or more of the following certifications:
- Other suitably similar and relevant certifications
- Demonstratable experience with security applications tools (such as Nessus, CIS Benchmarks, Wazuh, OSSEC, or any other relevant products).
- Proven understanding of one or more areas of cybersecurity concepts (such as security solutions, networking, Linux administration, databases, application protection, or any other relevant areas).
- Ability to evaluate and understand software security technologies, concepts, and tools.
- Ability to assess and convey in writing the relevance of security findings, information, news, or events.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English, including the ability to work with technical content.
- Excellent listening skills and a willingness to ask necessary questions to ensure tasks are understood.
- MS Office experience (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate and Enthusiastic about software security!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
Junior Web Developer (Front End)
Austin-Round Rock-Georgetown, TXApr 9
Are you a creative Web Developer with a great sense for design? Do you operate well in a fun, high-energy environment? Are you a Team Player? SiteSudo, LLC is a profitable, fast growing business with customers ranging from small to million dollar businesses. If you are passionate about developing and designing websites, then we want to hear from you!
You will be responsible for the data entry of customer data into our platform and you will also be building out new customer websites using a custom built WYSIWYG editor and modifying a pre-built HTML template. You should have a great eye for details, be capable of creating aesthetically pleasing website designs and have a thorough understanding of color theory, typography, and all of the technologies mentioned below.
- HTML / HTML5
- CSS / CSS3
- SCSS / LESS
- Proficient with data entry and has a great eye for details.
- 2+ year of professional web development with frontend focus.
- Understanding of the web development lifecycle, including QA.
- Experience communicating directly with clients.
Local Candidates Only
The interview process will be thorough, including a personality test and a real world development assessment. Apply only if you demand of yourself the same standards of excellence that you look for in your future company. Please Note: We do not offer relocation for this position at this time. We do not sponsor or transfer visas at this time.
We are excited to hear from you! When you contact us, please send us any relevant material you would like us to review (Apply Today button on the banner). We are based in Cedar Park, TX and currently only looking for candidates that can work on-site.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25,000.00 - $35,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- HTML5: 1 year (Preferred)
- CSS3: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bootstrap: 1 year (Preferred)
- jQuery: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
Junior Full Stack Java Developer
Phoenix-Mesa-Chandler, AZApr 6
Junior FullStack Java Developer
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A roll-up-your-sleeves Java Developer who wants be part of a collaborative environment? An innovative programmer who can incorporate new ideas in a think-tank and share new ideas with your colleagues? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you’ll do/Responsibilities
• Collaborate and implement most relevant development tools/techniques to solve client issues and exceed client requirements
• Understand the benefits of process methodologies in conjunction with specific software application tools to enhance client environment
• Plan and work with development teams to deliver solutions in accordance to service level agreements
• Manage and maintain project goals established for project deliverables
• Develop solutions to client problems via use of methodologies and software application tools
• Demonstrate accountability to successfully realize client goals
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• Demonstrate strong communication skills to translate technical software solutions to non-technical clients
• 1+ years of professional Java software development experience in developing web applications and client/server applications
• Experience in developing platform components using Java Web Services, JWS/JAX, and Component Based Architectures
• Experience in developing and implementing highly responsive user interface components using ReactJS or Angular; ideal candidate will have both React and Angular experience
• Experience developing applications on cloud platforms is preferred: AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
• Experience with DevOps best practices and implementation, including continuous integration and continuous deployment and tools
• Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance
• Must live in or be able to relocate to Lake Mary, FL area
• Travel up to 20% (while 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.