Subscribe to get a weekly email of new jobs
Are you hiring?
Junior Financial Controller
San Francisco-Oakland-Berkeley, CAMay 14
Shaper is developing a revolutionary line of computer-augmented power tools, starting with a handheld CNC router called Origin.
We’re looking for a Junior Controller to become a key player on our finance team as we scale our international business. As a Junior Controller focusing on reporting and compliance topics, you’ll be supporting month-end and year-end closing, forecasting, and annual budgeting so that financial results are communicated accurately and in a timely manner.
In addition you’ll ensure compliance with necessary sales tax and statutory filings. Furthermore, your support in creating financial and accounting policies and the application and adherence to these will create a positive impact.
Shaper is a growing company and as part of your role you would be expected to facilitate that growth by implementing and improving processes and systems for a streamlined and reliable finance function from which the organisation benefits.
It is our long-term goal to establish finance as a true business partner within the organisation, so if you’re passionate about that mission to build up a finance function that makes a difference then we want you to join our team as a Junior Controller.
- Make our success visible to stakeholders by preparing monthly reportings and financial statements as well as the respective annotations
- Help us steer the ship by working on forecasts, budgets and variance analysis together with budget owners
- Keep our books neat and tidy with proper account reconciliations and ensure compliance for statutory and tax filings together with our tax consultants
- Make the life of your co-workers easier by preparing and updating our finance and accounting policies
- Understand the drivers of our success and use this knowledge to define KPIs and the associated performance measurement systems
- Keep everything in the flow by assisting in implementing and optimising processes with a strong focus on automation
- Have at least 2-3 years of experience in an accounting or finance role
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent field Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of value flows across different systems and willingness to learn basic customization
- Experience with financial reporting and US-GAAP accounting
- Ability to work independently and be eager to tackle the challenges ahead
- Proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Have a love for creating sawdust and building great woodworking projects.
- You’ve started working on your CPA or other advanced degrees
- Startup or tech experience or other fast-paced environment
- You like building things with your hands
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k plan with percentage match
- Commuter benefits
- Access to a fully stocked workshop to make whatever you like!
Junior Client Accounting Coordinator
Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CAApr 15
Junior Client Accounting Coordinator, RPA
Where You’ll Be Working
We’re RPA: an independent advertising agency that puts People First. It’s a
unique philosophy for a different kind of agency: where we aspire to create
work that truly matters to people, for brands that respect and value people,
with a team we empower and treat like people.
Why You’ll Never Want to Leave
Our People First philosophy means creating a culture where people like you
can thrive, do meaningful work, and — we hope — stick around for a while.
In an industry known for high turnover, people at RPA seem to recognize the
value of an environment that truly wants to support our Associates’ lives and
ꞏ Professional development
ꞏ Tuition reimbursement
ꞏ Virtual yoga and meditation
Who You’ll Be Collaborating With
You’ll be working with a group of top-notch billers, including Associates who have been at RPA for just a few years as well as some who have been here for 25+ years! That’s a whole lot of combined experienced and there’s a whole lot to be learned from them!
WFWherever You Are
Our priority is the safety and comfort of our people. So, we'll be working from
our home offices, cabins, couches, and wherever else for the foreseeable
future. We'll see you back at the office when things change:
This role will be based in our Santa Monica, California office once we're back in the
office. This position is open to non-local candidates interested in future
What You’ll Be Helping Achieve
The Junior Client Accounting Coordinator will provide support for the entire Client Accounting team. This includes assisting with client billing, vendor payments and accounts receivable management.
This is an entry-level position.
What You’ll Be Working On
ꞏ Generating billing summaries/letters using Excel and/or Word.
ꞏ Assembling and delivering monthly billing to clients using Adobe, Microsoft Outlook and various client billing portals.
ꞏ Sorting and filing various client and vendor documents, both online electronic documents and possibly hard copy paper documents in physical files.
ꞏ Downloading and distributing billing documents to various billers.
ꞏ Maintaining various Excel and Word Documents.
ꞏ Uploading production invoices from various vendors to RPA’s FTP site.
How You’ll Excel in Your Role
ꞏ Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
ꞏ Some experience with Adobe/Adobe Pro.
ꞏ Proven ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as the ability to work independently.